All schools, colleges and other compulsory education institutions can receive non-DSA support from First Class Support. This is also applicable to students at higher education institutions that are not eligible for DSA funding.
Since the Department for Education (DfE) requested that all HE institutions must ensure the provision of lower band support roles, many HEIs have struggled to accommodate the additional workload this has presented.
First Class Support is currently providing all lower band support for numerous institutions across the UK. We recruit, manage and coordinate all (previous DSA) band 1 and band 2 support roles, thus leaving HEIs with more time and resources.
Most lower band support is provided contractually, whereby the demand and budget of the institution is considered before agreeing a fixed rate or term. However, unlike other providers, no support requests are too small or complex. We welcome innovative and unique support methodologies and we have a proven record for designing and employing support packages around the specific needs of individuals students and institutions.
First Class Support will also guarantee that any existing arrangement with any other UK provider will be beaten in cost. That means that HEIs will be guaranteed to save money over the course of each academic year when using FCS.
When higher education institutions request that band 1 and band 2 support is provided by First Class Support, they know they will receive nothing less than a first-class service, including:
- Guaranteed saving on current support package (from any other UK provider).
- Access to FCS online support system.
- Support staff to be of first-class calibre.
- Support staff to be DSA-QAG compliant.
- Updates on newly recruited support staff.
- Ability to communicate with FCS 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (dedicated manned phoneline).
- Bank staff to cover planned absence and sickness.
- Student/staff drop-in sessions (on campus and virtual).
- Disability awareness seminars & staff training (on campus and online).
- Shared web and promotional marketing.
- Corporate event invitations.
- Annual visits to reassess and recap current support.
To arrange a visit or telephone call from a regional support director, to discuss having all, or elements, of your lower band support roles provided by FCS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 358641.