DSA Funded Support

Higher education students living in the UK can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if they have a long-term health condition, mental health condition and/or a specific learning difficulty.

To apply for DSA, students must meet the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010. All support that is provided is dependent on the individual needs of the student and is not dependent on income.

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) are paid on top of any other student finance. DSAs help students to pay for the extra costs incurred by having a disability, and for non medical helper (NMH) support that is specifically provided.

First Class Support ensures the provision of all NMH support roles that may be included within a student’s DSA entitlement.

If you feel you qualify for DSA, you should contact student services at your higher education institution. If you would like FCS to assist you with applying for DSA please email support@firstclass-support.co.uk or call 01752 358641.